Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Garden Party

From very early on, I have given Ray fresh crunchy vegetables as snacks and have yet to find one he didn't like.  We started with carrots and then progressed to cauliflower, cooked cubed potatoes, tomato slices, broccoli, romaine lettuce, asparagus, celery and his very special favorite sugar snap peas.  You can get him to do nearly anything for peas and I keep a bag on hand specifically for him.  I think, though, a by product of that is he that he loves to eat grass, leaves and sticks too.  I try to watch his yard vegetation intake and make sure everything is doggie safe, which can be a challenge but so far we've been lucky and Ray seems to have a cast iron stomach.  I had someone jokingly remark to me that he must be on steroids because one week he was a pudgy little puppy and the next week he was muscle-bound and ripped!  It must be the healthy eating.

The unfortunate thing, though, is I doubt if we'll be able to have an actual garden this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10