Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Dark Day

I haven't posted for several days and I'm not sure if today is a good day to do so.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it isn't.  It's an emotional time as thousands around the world are mourning for Lennox and his family.  It's an emotional time in our household as well.

After so many weeks of moving in a great direction, we had a set back this week.  It's frustrating, it's confusing and it's heartbreaking.

If I had adopted a 10 pound, fluffy lap dog (as opposed to a 55 pound, short haired, blocky-headed lap dog) I might not have taken that dog to obedience class.  I might have over looked the jumping as a puppy behavior that she would grow out of.  If she lay down in the middle of a walk or grabbed her own leash, I might just laugh and scoop her up to carry her in.  I might have laughed if she ran around the house with underwear stolen from the laundry or when she chased one of the cats.  I might have...

I'm lucky.  I adopted a Pit Bull Type dog and I have gone to classes and I am continuing our education.  I am trying to be vigilant with enforcing proper behaviors.  And I will continue to do so for the love of my puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10