“It’s not a too-mah.” You knew I had my heart set on writing that, didn’t you! Ray’s histopathology results came back great in that the growth turned out to be nothing more than a skin tag, which is really what I figured it would be.
The downside? I feel like even though it is great news, it was almost …well, not bad news but I feel like I put Ray through this whole ordeal for nothing. An unnecessary surgery in which extra tissue was removed, “just to be on the safe side” and though he hasn’t been too out of sorts about it, he did bust his stitches open a bit.
I know if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t hesitate to do the same thing, but now my worry is that if he gets another one, I might not have it removed as quickly. What if I decide the next one is just a skin tag as well and it turns out differently? What if it is? What if I subject him to another surgery for no reason?
For this being good news it still feels like a no win situation. Do you see the dilemma? What would you do?