Friday, November 29, 2013

Adopt a Senior

As we close out November, which was Adopt a Senior month, I'd like to highlight these two sweet treats who are currently at the Allen County SPCA. They are a bonded pair, which I can certainly attest to. I walked each of them the other day and was told by other volunteers that they each were quite upset when the other was gone. The other thing I can attest to? They are puppies in senior clothing. They were both eager are ready to chase squirrels, leaves, air, etc. and had a wonderful time on their walk.

Because they are an older bonded pair, the shelter staff hope they can stay together and have listed them with a single adoption fee.

Please share.

Chocolate and Vanilla, seniors in age, pups in spirit.




I leave you with this poem that is making it's way around Blogville:


One by One, they pass by my cage. Too old, too worn, too broken, no way.
Way past his time, he can’t run and play.
Then they shake their heads slowly and go on their way.

A little old man, arthritic and sore, It seems I am not wanted anymore.
I once had a home, I once had a bed, A place that was warm, and where I was fed.
Now my muzzle is grey, and my eyes slowly fail. Who wants a dog so old and so frail? My family decided I didn’t belong, I got in their way, my attitude was wrong.
Whatever excuse they made in their head, Can’t justify how they left me for dead. Now I sit in this cage, where day after day, The younger dogs get adopted and driven away.
When I had almost come to the end of my rope, You saw my face, and I finally had hope. You saw thru the grey, and the legs bent with age, And felt I still had life beyond this cage.
You took me home, gave me food and a bed, And shared your own pillow with my poor tired head. We snuggle and play, and you talk to me low, You love me so dearly, you want me to know.
I may have lived most of my life with another, But you outshine them with a love so much stronger. And I promise to return all the love I can give, To you, my dear person, as long as I live.
I may be with you for a week, or for years, We will share many smiles, you will no doubt shed tears. And when the time comes that God deems I must leave, I know you will cry and your heart, it will grieve.
And when I arrive at the Bridge, all brand new, My thoughts and my heart will still be with you. And I will brag to all who will hear, Of the person who made my last days so dear.
- Author Unknown

4 comments:

  1. Oh they look so sweet, I hope they do get adopted together. And, that's a great poem by the way... I have to go hug Boomer and Dottie now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw them I thought of Boomer and Dottie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too sweet. I hope they get snatched up for the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10